Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One year celebration





A couple of days after Landry's bday, I took him to his one year well check and he was 22 pounds and 30 inches tall! She said he looked great and he really was not behind at all! Now if we can just get him off of the bottle! We took his picture with his pediatrician, Dr. Guetersloh.(lady with long brown hair) Then we went to visit the nurses at the hospital. We took a picture with Kay, the nurse practioner who did my many sonograms over those two months in the hospital, and also Paige, one of my dear, favorite nurses. They were so glad to see Landry and how much he had grown. Then we went to see Dr. Lampkin, my OB, and his nurse Sylvia. They were all so sweet and are all like family to us!

The flower pictures are from Mother's day. Mother's Day fell on the anniversary of Lane's passing this year. The birthday was not bad at all....this day was by far the worst. It was great, in that I spent it going to church with my family and we put flowers on the altar to remember all three of our angel children. It was sad on the other hand because we did not have Lane. However, we know that we DO have Lane in our hearts! That is what keeps me going.. We will see him again! Getting past that one year anniversary was a feat in itself, now we are just looking forward and focusing on the positive...our two beautiful children on earth and the love we all share for each other!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy birthday! And WOW, right on track, obviously if he's about to take off walking!

I can't imagine how hard this past year has been for you. It just breaks my heart to even think about losing a precious baby after carrying him for so long and holding him in your arms. But he is in the most wonderful place in world. It makes you thankful for the sweet, healthy children that God has blessed you with. I have definitely been more emotional after having Kennedy b/c I realize the amazing miracle that a baby is. I can't imagine life without them and forget to thank God everyday for that! If you check on Anne's blog that links off mine, she lost her baby at about 20 weeks. She had to deliver him and talks about him a lot on her blog.

I hope you have a fun, relaxing summer!

Amy said...

OK.I was browsing Whitney's friends while my kids were napping and I came across your blog. Is this Brienne Bridges?? I think it might be!! This is Amy Horton, Jason's wife. Fellow Quanah Indian! WOW!! It is such a small blog world!! Let me know if I am right...if not, ignore me...the children have taken most of my mind!!HAHA!!

It sounds like you have had an incredibly tough year. Bless your hearts. So sorry to hear it. However, you have 2 amazingly beautiful kiddo's!!